This beautiful platinum and diamond station chain encapsulates the cusp of the Edwardian and Art Deco eras. The necklace features Edwardian details, but with filigree and geometric shapes that show the transition into Art Deco.
Seventeen single cut diamonds are bead set into hexagonal mounts, surrounded by delicate filigree work. The stations alternate with an elongated version of the shape, reminiscent of eyes, accented with geometric details. This type of filigree work is only possible in platinum, as it is the only metal dense enough to support the intricacy of the details. Filigree work is indicative of the Art Deco era, when platinum jewelry reigned in popularity.
Made with exquisite craftsmanship, the details of the diamond mounts are mirrored on the reverse side and the six beads that hold the diamond in place are visible. The pattern is lovely, and even if the necklace is flipped, the design reads similarly on both front and back.
Circa 1915-1925. The chain is 16 1/2” long and 4.3 mm wide. It weighs 6.9 grams. The diamonds measure 2.25mm and the necklace contains .85 of a carat. The chain ends with a spring ring clasp.