This delicate ring, circa 1880, combines several beautiful victorian elements. In the center of the 18k gold navette is an Old Mine Cut diamond, prong-set and flanked by two natural rubies. Surrounding the navette’s central element are 12 rose cut diamonds, which are bead set into a carved out setting. Two more rose cut diamonds are set in the shank. The navatte’s base has an open lattice work carriage which subtly expresses the delicacy of this classic design.
The center stone is 2.5mm, and the surrounding rose cut diamonds are 1.25mm. The ring contains a fourth of a carat of diamonds. The natural rubies are 2mm. The ring weighs 2.5 grams.